Monday 13 January 2014

Short & Sweet

Happy 2014! I hope you have all had a great first few weeks of the year- I felt like I should write a blog as it has been a while but I'm stuck on what topic to write about... it's funny that its moments of trial and heartache that you get most inspiration from, and if I am 100% honest at the moment I am in a place of such contentment and peace that I genuinely just want too write a big :-) on this page and leave it for you all to look at!

At the end of 2013 I wrote a few blog posts on lessons I'd learnt, but I didn't quite manage to say everything so I am going to quickly bullet point everything that is in my head right now.
 
  • I learnt that no matter what happens life goes on, and that no matter how bad things seem today, they will get better tomorrow.
  • Failure is part of the process; and its not just okay; its better than okay. God doesn't want failure to shut us down.. God didn't make it a "3 strikes and you are out" sort of thing - but that its more about how God helps us dust ourselves off so we can swing from the fences again.
  •  I learnt that making a living is not the same as making a life
  • I learnt that I (and you reading this) should not go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands but that you need to be able to throw something back
  • I learnt that whenever I make a decision with an open heart it usually is the right decision
  • I learnt that even if I have a pain, I don't have to be one
  • And FINALLY, I learnt that people will forget what you said, and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
These life lessons don't just apply to me-they are just things I happened to really open my mind to in 2013 and I hope to carry on with me for the rest of my life. These life lessons apply to you too.. Things get better, good things (heck even amazing things) can come out of failure or disappointment, God never gives up on you & being kind to people is a legacy to leave behind.
 
:-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment