Thursday 25 April 2013

Day 1; Australian Adventure

Good afternoon from the other side of the World!
It is a stunning 30degrees here and I have already fallen in love with the tiny bit of Australia that I have seen. The beach is just a few minutes walk away...

The journey here went well apart from the fact that they lost my luggage! It should be here this afternoon... but how typical that as soon as I arrive the first thing I have to do is shop! There were two little mishaps on my journey. The first was when I landed in Dubai - I followed everyone else to the flight to Sydney, only to find out at the gate that I wasn't on the flight and so I had to run and then catch a TRAIN to my depature gate. That will teach me to follow the crowd!

The second mishap happened in Sydney. I didn't have a boarding pass to get on the plane as at Gatwick I was told I could get one from the Qantas desk at Sydney airport. At the Qantas desk they told me "no we don't do that you need to go to transfers" so off I went to the transfers desk. Transfers told me "No we don't issue boarding passes for the plane you are flying with" "What do I do then?" I asked, on the verge of tears now as I was incredibly tierd and felt disgusting from being in a tube in the air for 25 hours. "We don't know" they replied. I walked away praying that an angel would appear to show me how to get this flipping boarding pass! And sure enough a man asked if I was okay, I told him my problem and he told me all I needed to do was find my depature gate and they would give me my pass there. (Thank you God!)

So not a bad journey and if anyone is wanting to go to Australia but is being put off by the journey it really isin't as bad as it sounds.. endless food, endless movies... and endless sleep if you can sleep on a plane!

Today I have had a lazy day, been food shopping and reading by the pool... then tonight I'm having my first aussie BBQ and hopefully unpacking if my luggage arrives.
Saturday and Sunday will probably be more sight seeing of the town and beach, and then Monday I start working at the zoo which I am so excited about!

Write soon... let me know if you like this little blogs informing you of my time away!
Bethany xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Quite eventful flight. But it all serves to make the trip all the more memorable. Sounds like you're having a great time there already. I'm starting to regret not having snuck into your bag (although that would mean I would be lost somewhere!).

    Keep us updated with what you're doing. Looking forward to the upcoming posts! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got there okay - Sounds like an adventure already! Amazing about the man and the boarding pass :) Hope you enjoyed your BBQ and hope that your luggage arrives soon! Looking forward to the next update xxx

    ReplyDelete