Monday 22 April 2013

Bon Voyage

This post is abit of a life update! 
This is it! I am off to Australia tomorow eeep! I have packed my suitcase and it only weighs 16kg! Woohoo!

 I am both excited and nervous and thats ok...
I'm nervous about saying goodbye to my family (goodbyes make my throat hurt) and I'm a little nervous about the 27 hour flight alone - however, I tend to fall asleep at the drop of the hat so I'm hoping all will be well and I shall sit next to some lovely stranger who won't mind if I rest my head on their shoulder and dribble a little.

But mainly I am SO EXCITED. I have wanted to go to Australia since I was little, and now I have been so blessed with the opportunity to go - it really is the best thing that has happened to me in my gap year.

It is only for 5 weeks, so it is like a long holiday but I really believe that sometimes you just need some time away to clear you head and think about things. And recently things have been a lot clearer for me and I believe that's because I'm stepping out of my comfort zone; I'm starting to push doors that I hadn't really thought about before, and I encourage you, if you are currently stuck in a rut to do just that.

There are many opportunities waiting ahead for me in Australia - I'm working in a zoo (which is something I would have never thought of doing before) and I will also be getting to do a lot of singing which makes me incredibly happy!

In the song posted above there is a verse that says "I tried control but I didn't know where I was going, I went down MY road, but my road just left me broken" And this is so true - I was living for myself, and at the end of the day we can make all the plans we want for ourselves but God knows what's best for us and his plans will always over power ours. How exciting that part of his plan for me was to go to Australia!

Last night at my youth group we had a talk on "disappointment, stress and failure" and the lady leading the talk said that her mum used to pray "may God's plans be 10 feet tall in front of you" I know so many people are praying for me that whilst I'm out in Oz everything will become much clearer and I am so grateful for that.

Thats all I want too say - I hope you are all having a great Monday, and I'll write to you all next from the other side of the World!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment