Tuesday 30 April 2013

Cyclone and British Wimp; Australian Adventure; Day 5

I have been away from home for a week today... crazy how time flies!

I was back at the zoo today and this time working with reptiles... NEVER. AGAIN. 

was all up for being brave and trying new things but seriously! I held a snake and dealt with it, I could probably feed a crocodile if I got given an opportunity too but today I had to clean out rats and mice and their poo and dirt and their dead bodies and their babies and if they were ill I had to kill them and OHMYGOODNESS! I think I have found my phobia - rats and mice.
It was disgusting and horrible and the aussie's probably all thought I was a blonde, british wimp because at the end of the day I told them I would not be working in reptiles again but mammals because I can cuddle them. 

Looking back on it I can chuckle but at the time I really wanted to cry. I don't know what it was about them but I just couldn't bring myself to fall in love with that particular job... 

The highlight of the day was getting to help carry a python.. he was too heavy for me too hold alone and he probably could have wrapped himself round my whole body in the space of 30 seconds! Holding a snake felt odd, because every time he wriggled it felt like his skin was breaking in half, it was also a slimy texture. 
I had to wear one of these masks as the rats and mice stunk! With my friends Livvie and Taylah
.


After work I got the bus home and then decided to walk for some of the way... I got a little bit lost and had to ask a local for directions but hey wheres the adventure without getting lost once in a while! 

I also met a friendly kangaroo that I have named Ringo....  Tonight I shall be eating omelette and chilling before another day of work tomorrow. Also a cyclone is meant to be happening tomorrow.. never experienced one of those before! 

Until tomorrow (unless the cyclone or crocs get me) xxxx



LOVE FROM ME AND RINGO XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment