Wednesday 1 May 2013

Australian adventure; Day 6

Today has been a good day, and I am sweating a lot which means I have worked hard!

Today I was at the zoo again and was working with mammals which is my favourite department!

It started of with a morning of raking leaves, but this has to be done and I know the quicker I get this job done then I shall be rewarded with cuddles and being able to feed the sweetie pie's that are koalas and kanagaroos and wombats.

As I was cleaning out the koala pens this morning I managed to get  a few cheeky photos..

 After clean out it was time too feed the koalas and kangaroos! They all get a gum tree (well the leaves anyway) and a syringe of paste and then a syringe of multi vitamins.. its all stuff that we would give to growing children over in the UK!


ButterCup!






Today I also got to meet and cuddle a wombat for the first time! Her name was buttercup  (what a name for a wombat I thought to myself!) and she was a sweetie, however I couldn't hold her for long by myself as she weighed 26kg and nearly squashed poor tiny me... I shall no longer be calling people I don't like wombats, because in fact I now like wombats.

Today I had to face the male kangaroos ALONE. Gulp!
May not sound like a big deal, but they are the most dangerous as its coming up to mating season they tend to kick and punch... I had to feed them alone and all I kept thinking to myself was "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me" & it worked - I didn't get kicked or punched!

I then had to nebulize a baby koala (11 month old Humphrey!) as he had pneumonia when he was younger and it has affected his lungs so he now has difficulty breathing! I really liked doing this (not in an odd way) but probably because I was caring for something.


Tomorrow and Friday and Saturday and Sunday are my days off to sing and I need to rehearse as the concert is on Sunday (aahh!) I will probably hit the beach also.

Hope you are all having a good week!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time! Make the most of your time there. Loving all the stories and pics! I do wish we could actually see some of the things you mentioned on video. Keep them coming! Xx

    ReplyDelete