Tuesday 7 May 2013

Australian Adventure; Central Cairns & Paw Paw

Today it is chucking it down with the rain. Not just spitting, or raining, this is proper puddle, flood making rain. And I walked in it and was smiling,because it didn't feel like cold English rain, it was warm and for some reason made me walk down the street with a big grin on my face. Maybe because I think God is having a bit of fun, making it rain here whilst its sunny in England!

I got the bus into Central Cairns as I couldn't exactly spend the day at the beach sunbathing without the sun!
It took 45 minutes on the bus and I got off and I had no idea where to go first.. I had no map.. nobody with me.. and I didn't panic! (Yay anxiety did not kick in!) I knew the esplanade was around somewhere so I went into the nearest shop and asked for directions. They pointed me in the direction to go and off I went. I found it and went for a walk along the lagoon... it was beautiful even with dark grey clouds and rain!




I was then quite hungry so found a little cafe and ordered myself a paw paw smoothie and avocado, tomato and cheese toastie. I then realised I had no idea what paw paw was. I had just ordered it because it sounded exotic haha. I knew it was a fruit, but what kind of fruit! I've had to come home and google it and to be honest I still don't really get what it is, it has a cool name and it tasted good.

Then I went shopping! It was a strange feeling wandering around not really knowing where I was going, but it soon became familiar and I had to be so self controlled not to buy lots of things... (I was especially tempted by all the touristy junk!)

There were art galleries and museums and I found a nandos! That's right, Australia does nandos.


Not much else to report really apart from I am now soaked as I walked from the bus stop which is a good 20 minute walk... I must have looked like a mad women grinning in the rain haha.

Have a good Wednesday xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment