Thursday 23 May 2013

Mumble Jumble

I feel like I need to write a post about the events that have gone on in the World the past few days. I feel sad. This blog will probably make no sense but I just need to put it out there.

To be honest my head is a bit all over the place and I'm afraid this blog may be a bit jumbled. And I feel like I could say some things a bit.. out there.

The past few days there has been the tornado in Oklahoma that killed many people including young children. Then yesterday in London there was the horrific attack of a man - an attack that I can't get my head around. An attack that has made me feel sick to my stomach. It has also been a week of personal sadness as my family lost a good family friend. I have no answers for it. I have no answers to justify any of the acts, whether caused by nature or by man.

The World is full of crazy, wicked, sick, sinful people. And you want to know why? Because the world is FALLEN. We are living by our rules, our ways and not God's. When people start to live by their own way, their own rules, and not God's then it all goes pear shaped. (I restrained myself from using a worse word there) Even if just one person stops following God's ways life can spiral out of control. So when a group of people stop following God's ways its just a mess. I know many people believe that religion caused the attack of the man in the streets of London. And I hate the word religion because I don't believe in it. Some of you may laugh at this and think "Bethany, you are the most religious person I know - you go to church every Sunday and you talk about God most of the time" Well that's a label you have given me yourself and have given to others who practice faith. And there's the key word FAITH. Faith and Religion are two very different things. Religion is all about following a set of rules and if you don't stick to them you are a bad person. Religion can brainwash people. It can cause them to believe that their God wants them to do certain things. No. They have no idea what God wants.

God is hurting right now too. He is looking at the event in London, the event in Oklahoma and he wants to do everything possible to heal everyone's pain and show them what true love is. Everyone needs someone to look after them at times like this. They need unconditional love. And that's what you find and receive when you come to God. Not what you get when you are brainwashed or absorbed in religion.

I expect we all have many questions we want answered about life and death. About the tornado, about the attack about long term illness. But I guess the point I am trying to get at is that I don't say I have a religion. I say I have a relationship with God. And isn't a key factor in a relationship to TRUST? I need to trust God that he will provide answers (if he needs too) and have faith that he knows what he is doing.

This event is certainly not making me want to return to London. I don't really feel like I can write anything positive about my trip whilst all this is going on in the World. I am currently in the state of "mourning with those who mourn" rather than "rejoicing with those who rejoice"
Maybe my trip up to the world's oldest rain forest tomorrow will cheer me up and remind me of God's amazing ways in the beauty of his nature. 

Hope you are all smiling x




No comments:

Post a Comment