Monday 20 May 2013

Australian Adventure; Sydney!

I LOVE Sydney. If I wasn't missing my family so much and had a lot more money I would get a working visa and move out there instantly.

Ah there is just so much to write I don't even know where to begin.. so I'll start at the very beginning.. the very best place to start...

I woke up early Friday morning and caught the 2hr:45min flight to Sydney. When I arrived I checked into the hotel (YHA The Rocks  - very reasonable for Sydney prices!) and then went exploring. The YHA was a 5 minute walk away from "The Rocks" where all the sights too see in Sydney are, so the bridge and the opera house. 




Then to get to other places in Sydney you need to catch water taxis... so on I hopped to a ferry to Darling Harbour. Here I had the first two drinks of the night - cocktails of course. Next I headed too Darlinghurst in a taxi (the traffic in Sydney is even worse than London at rush hour!) and found another cool little bar to have a drink in before a mexican dinner. Then for the final leg of the evening, I went to a "bar/pub/club" called "The Victoria Rooms" - Great Gatsby style! Amazing... my cocktail had hot peppers round the outside instead of salt.


Saturday morning I got up early and went to the markets - for breakfast there was this amazing turkish food stall which was selling turkish pancakes. I had a breakfast one which was filled with, salami, mushrooms, cheese and spinach. Then on to another market called Paddington market where I had a good old shopping spree. Then it was on to the famous Bondi Beach... 

I stayed at Bondi for a while, the people I am staying with have friends there so we all met up at Bondi Social club for food and the BEST Shiraz wine I have EVER tasted. EVER. On the way home the bus journey was so funny - the till or whatever was not working so the bus driver stands up and says "on ya get for free, as long as I get paid who gives a ****" then he started playing Bob Dylan and asking everyone if they were having fun. THEN, he starts making waves with the bus (by stopping and starting really quickly) and tries to get everyone to surf them! It was brilliant... Then for dinner that night it was on to an Italian restaurant where I had my first ever grappa.. and NEVER AGAIN. It tasted like petrol.
Sydney was amazing, an experience I shall never ever forget... and I want to go back some day.

Now I am in my final week of being in Oz. I have honestly learnt a lot about myself, and realized I am stronger and braver and wiser than I used to believe I was. And I have come to realize sometimes change is a good thing. Where would we be without change? Yes change can be uncomfortable, painful and sad but for me it has been the best thing for me. I encourage you all to take a look at your life... if your life was the same as it is now this time next year, or even in 5 years time would you be happy? Would you like who you are? Would you like how you treat others.. would you wish you had gone for that career change?
If my life had not changed I would still be working miserably in a supermarket, in a long distance relationship with someone who was my life and who would be moving to Europe anyway... And even though I try to deny to myself and to others that being in that relationship wasn't the reason I didn't take opportunities, it was. And that was nobody's fault but my own. BUT, now I'm here - in AUSTRALIA, where I have always wanted to go too, and I'm in sunshine and I'm getting to sing and travel and look forward to MY future. My changes happened for a reason and no matter how painful it was, and to be honest sometimes still is (people seem to forget I'm still grieving) the change needed to happen and is best for me in the long run and is all part of God's plan for my life. 
However, I suppose change can also be too much of an easy thing for people. They CONSTANTLY change things about themselves, their lives etc. and I think that is PROOF that no matter how much money you have, how much fame you have, how many changes you make to yourself and to your living situation and yet you are still not content then surely the only answer to fill that void is something higher than us human beings.. If you don't have God in your life you will never be satisfied as he and a relationship with him is the only thing to make anyone whole. Even if you are hurting.

Anyway, sermon over and sorry for the length of the blog!
Hope you are all well xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment