Saturday 4 May 2013

Australian Adventure; I've forgotten the days

Sorry for not writing much over the past few days... I can't actually remember what day I got up too!
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I have off the zoo so I was doing a lot of relaxing and sunbathing by the pool/beach.

On Friday night I went out to eat at a place called "the beach shack" its amazing; they set up stone ovens and cook pizza, have a DJ, and serve cocktails/beer all right by the sea... so you can watch the sunset if you get there early enough. As it is winter here the sun sets about 5:15pm!

Saturday was another lazy day by the pool, then I went to do a bit of food shopping and it was rehearsal time as the concert is today (sunday!) There is so much talent out here...
In the evening it was fish and chip time and we watched a lovely film called Quartet...

This morning I woke up, went for a walk along the beach and have just finished reading one of my books called "A street cat named Bob" it is such a good book and really gives insight into homelessness and from now on I will most certainly be viewing people living rough on the streets in a different manner. I have a feeling we are all too judgmental sometimes. I also may buy a big issue magazine from now on.. did you know that the people selling that have to buy copies themselves to sell? It teaches them how to handle business and their own money - the big issue is there to give people a hand up, not just a hand, I'd never realized that before.

On my walks I do a lot of thinking and it got me to that this time last year I would never have expected to be on the other side of the world. Life changes every minute of every day. You lose friends, and you gain friends. You become friends with someone you used to dislike. You look for love, and find love, and lose love. You realize that all along you have been loved. You laugh, you cry. You laugh so hard you end up crying. You do this, you do that. You really wish you hadn't done that but then you learn from it and are glad you did it. You have your ups and your downs. You see good movies, you see bad movies. You wonder if your life is just one big movie. You look at others and wish you were them. You then realize who they actually are and become glad that you are YOU. You love life. You hate life. In the end, you find yourself happy to be living life, no matter whats thrown at you.

That's where I am right now. I'm happy to be alive. I've been put here for a reason, and no I may not know that reason yet, but God has it all under control - I am so blessed to have this opportunity to find myself, and I realize how much I have matured in a few months (weeks!) 

All I can say is this - life is a rollercoaster, but God will never give you anything you can't handle. 

Bethany xxxx


1 comment: